Job Reference: JM38429
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Our client is an industry leader looking to hire a talented Project Engineer to manage delivery of projects for their facility in the Burlington area.
This Project Engineer is responsible to build client relationships, provide leadership in the design and management of projects involving new equipment, process lines and packaging.
This is a great opportunity to be a key stakeholder in a growing company that invests in its employees.
What we are looking for you to do:
- Developing experimental formulas and processing procedures for new products that meets project parameters of established pricing, marketing goals, food regulations, and operation feasibility.
- Process development; taking the new product from the test kitchen, into the factory and onto a finished product.
- Working with cross-functional team members to develop training programs/guidelines for production staff on ingredient, product and process formulas, specification, and requirements for new products, product enhancement, and cost reduction products.
- Developing products that meet divisional sales and financial objectives.
- Working with Production, Engineering, Sales and Finance to develop process/product improvements that result in product quality improvements and cost savings.
- Evaluating and providing technical input and solution to confirm acceptability and implementing proposed ingredients or processes for supplier optimization.
- Providing regulatory expertise for internal or external issues and initiate corrective action for products developed.
- Assisting in packaging specifications and product launches.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Engineering with registration/ designation of PEng required.
- 3 + years engineering experience in the food or beverage sector.
- Strong understanding of CFIA, GMP and Regulatory requirements preferred.
What we will offer:
- An attractive salary, pension, bonus and benefits package.
- An amazing opportunity to develop your career with a growing food company.
If you are passionate and a driven engineering professional looking to join an industry leading company, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format – and don’t forget to include your accomplishments and achievements! We look forward to hearing from you!