Job Reference: JM11716
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Our client is a leading food company that is looking to bring on board a hands on, continuous improvement oriented Production Manager for their facility in the Mississauga area.
In this exciting new position, you will take a lead role in the production management of an expanding company.
This is a great opportunity to be a key stakeholder in a growing company that invests in its employees.
What we are looking for you to do:
• Accountability for the general production operations and efficiencies.
• Provide leadership for all aspects of operations including employee health, safety and training, food safety, facility defense, product quality, production effectiveness, cost control and continuous improvement.
• Ensure all goals and objectives are met including the measurement of key performance indicators.
• Identify, research and resolve issues within operations and personnel.
• Provide accurate planning schedules and reports.
• Ensure company policy and departmental Standard Operating Procedures, forms and work aids are developed, implemented, enforced and reviewed.
• Identify and lead small capital projects within the department.
• Collaborate with peers inside and outside of the facility to represent the operation in a professional manner.
• Provide direction to staff regarding assigned tasks and performance expectations through the use of clear job descriptions, regular performance conversations, coaching, team meetings and business reviews.
• Conduct spot investigations/ audits and regular inspections to ensure all work is performed safely.
• Ensure finished product meets and exceeds established quality standards.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 5+ years of production management experience required.
• Food manufacturing experience required.
What we will offer:
• An attractive salary, bonus, pension and benefits package.
• An amazing opportunity to grow your career with a leading food company
If you are someone that is ideal for this position and have a passion to be part of a high potential food company please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format – and don’t forget to include your accomplishments and achievements on your resume!
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- Driving licence required