Job Reference: CGA39654
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Our client, a leading food manufacturer, is looking for a Production Manager to join their team. The Production Manager provides leadership to production staff, including direct supervision of senior supervisors to ensure the plant is producing the highest quality products in the most effective and efficient manner.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and be accountable for production costs, labour utilization, yields, results of operations and cost improvements.
- Monitor production inputs and outputs to minimize product loss and working towards achieving an accident free facility.
- Communicate the implementation for new or changes to Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP to ensure consistent product quality and progressive food safety program.
- Champion continuous improvement for the manufacturing processes in supporting Six Sigma methodologies
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years progressive supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment (union environment would be considered and asset) with proven change management and leadership skills
- Previous experience with continuous improvement and Six Sigma.
- Cross functional experience working with H&S, maintenance and reliability projects would be considered an asset.
If you are someone that is ideal for this position and have a passion to be part of a high profile food manufacturing company please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format – and don’t forget to include your accomplishments and achievements on your resume! We look forward to hearing from you.