6th April 2018
A delicious and easy rhubarb pudding that will tantalise your guests at any meal.
- 250g sweet short crust pastry (handmade or bought Jus-rol SC is great)
- 300g rhubarb – mine’s from Inger’s garden in Strib, Denmark [:)]
- 3 tbsp red fruit jam – any will do
- 100g plain flour – plus a little for rolling pastry
- 60g butter
- 50g porridge oats
- 60g demerara sugar
- 40g flaked almonds
- 1 tsp icing sugar – for dusting if you want to be posh
Use a 10″ x 10″ or 8″ x 10″ tin, lined and greased (greaseproof paper also helps you lift it out of the tin)
1) Pre-heat oven to 180 C / gas mark 4.
2) Cut the rhubarb into 3cm pieces, put in a pan and add jam, stir. Then place over a low heat with the lid on for 8-10 minutes until soft, leave to cool.
3) Make your short crust pastry or use the bought sweet short crust, line tin with pastry making sure it’s not too thick, it doesn’t need to be too neat.
4) In a separate bowl add flour, then rub in butter until it looks like breadcrumbs, Add sugar, porridge oats and almonds and stir to combine.
5) Pour your cooled rhubarb mix into the pastry case and then sprinkle on the streusel topping.
6) Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until golden (you don’t want a soggy bottom).
7) Leave to cool slightly then using greaseproof paper, lift carefully out of the tijn, enjoy either warm (dust with icing sugar), with custard or ice cream or cold with a nice cup of tea. Perfect for lunch boxes ….. enjoy!
Source: Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy, Food Blog.
CPA have been an approved supplier of recruitment to our business for the past 17 years. We have had a long standing relationship with CPA who have consistently been able to recruit candidates for our business notably but not exclusively in the area of technical.
As an agency they take time to understand the brief and provide us with regular updates on progress
Group Technical Director
Leading Chilled Foods Business