14th October 2019
A woman suffered a "potentially fatal" allergic reaction after a food company mistakenly put egg in a pot of tzatziki.
Zorba Delicacies pleaded guilty to three food safety charges at Merthyr Tydfil Magistrates' Court.
Hayley Lancaster suffered anaphylaxis after buying the dip from Morrisons in Caerphilly in February 2018.
The Ebbw Vale-based company was fined £93,000 following a prosecution by Caerphilly Trading Standards.
The three charges relate to the product being unsafe, not of the "nature demanded by the purchaser" and the company providing documents with false or misleading information.
The court heard Miss Lancaster had been diagnosed with an egg and nut allergy at a young age.
To read the full article click on the link below:
Credit: BBC News
I have worked with James Constable over the past few months on several recruitment briefs for varied interim and permanent roles. It has been a pleasure to work with a recruitment consultant who has an excellent understanding of the food industry and the roles that we have been looking to fill. For senior level positions, James has conducted a thorough screening, including meeting the candidate face to face, and has therefore been able to provide an excellent shortlist. Some roles have also been urgent, due to an immediate requirement in the business, and James was able to prioritise and help source these roles, whilst not losing focus on the other briefs. I would wholeheartedly recommend James for an effective, efficient and friendly approach to recruitment. Many thanks!
Human Resources Manager
Leading Global Ambient Spices, Herbs, and Flavorings Manufacturer