Job Reference: W40657
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
The technical manager ensures product safety/quality/legality through the continuous development of the HACCP and quality systems.
- Provision of excellent technical support for retailers.
- To ensure technical, specification or legislative information is provided to customers in a timely manner.
- Evaluation of products during development stage to ensure adherence to customer protocols, standards and factory capabilities.
- Management of customer visits, audits and trials from a technical perspective.
- Working with site technical team to ensure technical standards are implemented and achieved at all times.
- Support of wider technical team regarding safety, quality and welfare matters.
- Report all necessary matters to the Head of Technical ensuring that he/she is fully aware of relevant production, personnel, quality and OV issues.
- To facilitate change in pursuance of improved business practise, where appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications
- Higher qualification/degree in food science/microbiology/science (preferred)
- HACCP level 3 (Level4 preferred)
- Internal auditing training
- Third-party auditor training
- People management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills