Job Reference: W39944
Salary: £40,000 - £42,000
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
An excellent opportunity to work in a food manufacturing business based in West London
Duties and responsibilities
- Display a clear shop floor focus – 95% time on the shop floor building relationships with production seeking issues before they arise.
- Using your dual skilled approach, Ensure all reactive and proactive maintenance is completed ‘Right First Time’ (RFT), in a timely manner and according to the quality and HSE guidelines stated above.
- Mechanical skills will include full mechanical understanding of (for example) power transmission systems, product manufacturing and transport systems, as well as a full ability to assist in the in house fabrication works (milling, welding etc)
- Electrical skills will include a full diagnostic ability in fault finding of all electrical systems up to and including PLC level, with experience of Siemens S7 preferred . A full ability to understand electrical diagrams is a necessity.
- Fault finding and programming of robotics including Kuka and Fanuc systems essential
- If right first time is not possible, then ensure the work order activity is raised and the temporary fix handed over to the oncoming shift and engineering manager
- Actively participate in lean initiatives including TPM
- Show a continuous improvement mindset, always seeking to improve plant performance and reliability
- Ensure full compliance on all engineering data systems
- Be comprehensive and able to demonstrate root cause analysis skills and a solid fault finding process on both electrical and mechanical systems.
Hours of work
Shift: from 07.00 to 19.00 and 19.00 to 07.00 on a 3 on - 3 off, rotating shift pattern (paired days and nights).
Skills and requirements
- Good problem solving skills and ability
- Obtain excellent leadership and team building abilities
- Clear grasp of continuous improvement and lean techniques
- Good knowledge of automated equipment & ability to think quickly
- Good understanding of high speed packing equipment and robotics
- Excellent IT Skills and ability to use HMI systems/screens, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication, both written & verbal