Job Reference: W39008
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Fixed term contract for 6 months with a good opportunity of it leading to a permanent position
This exciting business is a global operation with manufacturing facilities in Asia. The research and development projects are at global and at a regional level with regional groups supporting each group company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with internal and external sources to expand knowledge and experience of enzyme use in the production processes (Food, biomedical etc.) and customer requirements;
- Assisting in the development of new applications to meet new or existing customer requirements;
- Assisting in the development of new techniques with HPLC, GC, and other appropriate technology(including mass spectrometry );
- Resolving customer queries from a wide range of food processing industries and other enzyme use in production;
- Developing a working relationship with scientific staff .
- Producing and presenting project reports for customers, and internal technical staff;
- Working on a joint database with other research staff;
- Training visiting laboratory staff;
- Preparing samples for analysis or testing;
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of HNC/HND though a degree in Biochemistry is preferable;
- Understanding of characteristic of chemicals from their name/formulating is necessary;
- Experience of HPLC, GC and/or MS is necessary;
- Understanding/experience of general food industry production processes and requirements would be advantageous;
- Application/product development/Analysis experience within food production industry would be advantageous ;
- Knowledge of enzymes and applications of enzymes in the food industry would be advantageous.