Job Reference: W38192
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
The Role: Production Manager
The key responsibilities for the roles include:
·Leading and motivating a team of Production professionals.
Reporting to the Factory Manager
- Ensuring controllable costs are effectively managed, working within agreed budgets and effectively assigning resources appropriately.
- Ensuring adherence to relevant H&S and Food Safety legislation.
- Managing existing procedures and developing new processes to ensure food safety, quality, hygiene and production requirements are met.
- Minimising waste in the production process, implementing Cost Reduction Plans where required to streamline the business.
- Monitoring performance relative to KPI’s and improvement targets.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure material availability and coordinating activities in order to minimise disruption to production.
- Ensure all briefs are conducted in a timely manner.
- Daily review meeting with cross-functional attendance.
- Maintaining Performance Management Systems for Production Team Leaders.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We’re looking for a candidate that shows enthusiasm, initiative and excellent communication skills.
- 3 or more years in a food manufacturing environment.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing processes, food production and food products. Familiarity with Health & Safety and Food Safety Legislation.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Experience of effectively managing a large group.
- Teaching and mentoring skills in order to develop Team Leaders and key operating staff.
- High level of commercial awareness
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- Driving licence required