Job Reference: W38501
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Due to successful growth a newly created opportunity exists for Head of Technical Compliance which sits within the Legal department and Governance Risk and Compliance stream. You’ll manage group technical compliance operational activities, including operating facilities, supply chain and service delivery.
- Accountable for effective management of the technical function, ensuring that the department structure and skills are developed to meet changing business requirements and are fit for the future
- Contribute to the development of site strategy in line with appropriate technical policies
- Own the compliance function within group services so as all legal, regulatory and customer retailer/partner technical requirements are met.
- Accountable for ensuring the technical integrity of the sites and compliance of legislative standards through consultation and audit.
- Identify, own and develop relevant technical policies and procedures and support the cascade and implementation into group operations that ensure the business remains safe and legal at all times.
- Manage Quality Management Systems and ensure that due diligence requirements are in place and regularly audited
- Own the technical crisis management programme and develop the technical risk register to deliver best practice in compliance
- Lead on behalf of the group any product recall situations and investigations on operational related technical matters
- Is the diver of technical governance and maintains good horizon scanning to be ahead of the game on new challenges as the main point of contact for technical activities within the group.
- A degree qualification in Food Science/technology or related discipline
- Level 4 HACCP, Food Safety and Lead Auditor qualifications
- Extensive Technical Management Experience of working in food retail or manufacturing sector at senior management level
- Track record of managing food industry quality management systems and all aspects of food legislation
- Proven record of effectively leading and managing a team
- Flexible approach and available to travel
- Experience in writing and embedding policy
- In-depth knowledge of food law