Job Reference: W18495
Salary: £45k - £50k per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Our client, an established and successful business experiencing recent growth and investment, are looking for a Forecasting Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract. They supply premium products to the further manufacturing industry and retailers, sourced from high quality suppliers around the world.
You will be managing a team of two with a view to increase performance, efficiency and accuracy within the planning department. This position is key to the business in ensuring that clear communication across all areas is met to drive demand forecasting with accurate data.
The ideal candidate will be need to have experience in the key areas below:
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and trading assumptions
- Interact with sales, customer service, trading and finance to understand demand forecast drivers
- Utilise a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software or Excel as the primary forecasting system tool
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organisation in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new launches, and de-lists
Qualifications and Skills / Experience
- Proven industry and role related experience
- Decisive, pro-active, assertive
- Highly numerate and strong excel skills (SAP experience essential)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High degree of integrity
- Resilient and able to deliver results under pressure
- Highly enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Strong team player, flexible and willing to assist in other areas within the total business
- Ability to pay close attention to details, while maintaining broad business perspective
Monday to Friday – flexible office hours
Please note: This is a full time position for a fixed period of 12 months, located in Exeter, UK.
Ref Code: W18495
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Jon Hemming-Nash to email@example.com
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.