Job Reference: W39863
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Food Law Advisors help to consistently and efficiently meet complex, demanding and shifting legal requirements. This is be done primarily through consultancy support and provision of training.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To maintain and extend a high level of awareness of current food legislation, related issues and likely developments, in UK and EU harmonised food legislation.
- To answer questions from members, other clients and colleagues on the content, application and interpretation of the above.
- To develop and contribute to RA publications and events including training courses
- To initiate new business and deliver contract services on time and within budget.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of research projects.
- To recommend and implement change in services, products and systems.
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate level qualification(s) in science, law, or related subjects.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience / knowledge of food law acquired in a commercial, enforcement or policy setting.
- Practical experience of food and drink manufacturing ideally food industry experience gained from a technical role with understanding of the Regulatory environment.
- Well-developed communication skills – upwards, downwards and outwards including presentations to clients and delivery of training materials
- Experience in client interactions and or project management
- Knowledge of import/export documentation requirements would be advantageous