Job Reference: W38676
Salary: £40k-£45k per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Our client is one of the largest international forward companies, who has over 150 offices in 80 plus countries and currently provides access to over 5,000 logistics professionals worldwide. You will be working on a site with a well-established and operationally sound team.
Our client is searching for a Contracts Manager who can develop existing and new customer relationships, with a proven track record in operational administration that works alongside a large warehouse operation.
You will need to manage staff members to ensure operations align with the company vision and all customer SLAs are exceeded. Customer Service is a large aspect of this role for the site, therefore you will need to manager and resolve issues quickly and efficiently to prevent service failure. Being a senior leader you will need to promote the targets of the organisation daily.
In order to be successful, the ideal candidate will need excellent communication skills, as there is extensive customer contact at board level. Flexibility and the ability to manage and lead others is imperative to this position to ensure the customers operation is driven by the administration processes. Continuous improvement of the administration process is vital to the success of this contract.
- Manage the daily activities of a single user warehouse site
- Become the key contact for the customer, providing time-critical and accurate reports and responding efficiently to the customers’ requirements
- Ensure the operation is running smoothly at all times across all areas including; administration, financial management, performance management and Health, Safety & Welfare
- Train, develop and mentor the warehouse team, providing support to enhance performance
- Take on the company ethos in relation to continuous improvement by managing labour turnover, customer service levels and profitability are measured and reports are accurate
- Manage and lead Health and Safety
- Maintain effective communications across the business including senior management and board level
- Site operational experience in the FMCG logistics sector, with an administrative bias
- Managing a warehousing operation daily to ensure efficient and effective utilisation of a team of over 200
- Train and develop staff to motivate the team and provide them the skills to deliver and exceed customer expectations
- Strong communication skills with client management are key. You will need the ability to develop, manage, and cultivate relationships with the customer to help support planning and delivery of strategic goals
- Strong problem solving and planning required with a proven track record of analytical skills, to locate issues and provide solutions for a variety of operational challenges
- Excellent communication and team-working skills
- Experienced manager with great interpersonal skills
- FMCG logistics experience
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
- Open book & activity based commercial models
- Customer relationship
- Strong leader with excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Analytical and a great problem solver
- Process design and operating procedures
- Microsoft office package advanced level
- Health & Safety management
- Ability to think and react quickly while working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Full Clean driving license
Ref Code: W38676
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Jon Hemming-Nash to email@example.com
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.